Hancock Animal Hospital offers a full line of veterinary care options. We offer comprehensive routine care with a thorough physical exam and diagnostic workup. We offer routine and specialized surgery, dental care, emergency services, X-rays and ultrasounds, full laboratory services, and care for certain Exotic Animals.
We will offer you all the Routine Vaccinations, but will help to inform you of the risks and benefits of all treatments, including vaccinations and strive to not “over-vaccinate.” We offer vaccine titers to determine the need for booster vaccinations, as well as 3-Year rabies and 3-Year distemper vaccinations (depending on the individual animal and timing of the vaccinations). We offer a complete health package and a comprehensive senior workup to accommodate your pet’s needs.
Canine Vaccinations We Offer:
Rabies (1 and 3 year)
Distemper* (1 and 3 year)
Parvo* (1 and 3 year)
Parainfluenza* (1 and 3 year)
Bordetella (kennel cough vaccine)
Vaccine Titer testing*
Feline Vaccinations We Offer:
Rabies (1 and 3 year)
Distemper (panleukopenia) (1 and 3 year)
Vaccine Titer testing*
*usually combined into one vaccination
Other Services Offered
Routine Diagnostics We Offer
- We now offer Acupuncture and Laser Therapy. Acupuncture and Laser Therapy can provide significant therapeutic options to patients for problems such as pain, arthritis, back problems, renal disease, liver problems and many other conditions.
- Thorough Physical Exam
- X-rays and Ultrasound (Cardiac and abdominal ultrasound)
- Heartworm Testing
- Lyme Disease Test/ Heartworm Test/ E. Canis Test (“3Dx”)
- FeLV/FIV testing (feline leukemia and feline immunodeficiency virus)
- FeBart (feline bartonellosis- “cat scratch fever”) testing
- Vaccine Titer testing (to determine if vaccinations are necessary)
- Full Diagnostic Bloodwork- Full laboratory services
- CBC (complete blood cell count looking at red and white blood cells and platelets)
- Chemistry Profile (looking at liver and kidney function, glucose, electrolytes, protein, and others)
- Urinalysis (UA- to look at kidney function and to check for urinary tract infections as well as protein, blood, crystals or stones in the urine)
- Blood Glucose (monitoring for Diabetes)
- Thyroid Function Testing (testing for Hyperthyroidism in cats and Hypothyroidism in dogs)
- Fecal Exams to evaluate for internal parasites
- Skin scrapes / allergy testing
- Blood and Urine Cultures to determine infectious agents and the best treatment options
Health and Travel Certificates
We offer health certificates for domestic travel only. We recommend contacting the USDA for international health certificates (Massachusetts office: 508‐363‐2260)
Microchip placed under the skin to help identify your pet if ever lost or stolen. Standard and EUROCHIPS available.
THERAPEUTIC LASER Treatments
We offer advance therapeutic laser treatments for a variety of medical conditions.
- ECG / EKG (electrocardiogram)
- Cardiac Auscultation
- Pulse Oxymetry (SaO2)
- Blood Pressure
- Echocardiograms (ultrasound of the heart)
- Ferrets and small mammals
- Guinea pigs
Medical and Emergency Treatments
- Intravenous (IV) fluid therapy
- Emergency Surgery* and Medical Treatments*
- Oxygen therapy
Geriatric Care for Aging Pets
Complete Geriatric workup at a discounted price, including:
- Full Bloodwork (CBC/Chemistry/Electrolytes/Thyroid/Urinalysis) looking for Diabetes, Thyroid disease, Liver / Bladder / Kidney disease, Pancreas function, Cancer indicators, Infections, Anemia, and many other conditions.
- ECG looking at cardiac (heart) rhythm
- PulseOx looking at level of oxygen in the blood
- Eye exam looking for aging changes
- Oral Exam looking for dental disease that can affect the heart and liver/kidneys
- Orthopedic Exam looking for arthritis and muscular/joint/bone changes
- Neurological Exam looking for back or neurological problems
Soft Paws- Feline Declawing Alternative
We offer “SOFT-PAWS.” This is an alternative to de-clawing cats where we attach a specialized plastic tip to their front nails to help prevent you cat from scratching. This is completely painless and does not hurt your cat in any way.
Dental care is an integral component of your pet’s health care. Dental disease can cause pain and lead to heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Dental Exam
- Dental Cleaning / Polishing
- Teeth Extraction when necessary
- Dental prophylactic care supplies for home
- Diet is one of the most important aspects of your pet’s health
- Special Diets can help to treat a variety of problems
- Poor Diets can lead to significant medical problems
Not all diets are created equal. AFFCO is the government agency that regulates dog/cat food. Many dog and cat food diets on the market today (some with amazing claims and beautiful pictures) can cause nutritional deficiencies and other serious illness.
We offer a DIET ANALYSIS service that includes discussing your pet’s diet and the different diet options that would best suit their specific needs.
We sell SCIENCE / HILLS PRESCRIPTION diets, Purina Prescription diets, and Waltham prescription diets, as well as provide recipes for proven homemade diets.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine
We provide alternative and complementary medical options for the care of your pets. Although Dr. Wember is not a specialist in alternative/complementary medicine, he has a strong interest in this field. He believes strongly in using alternative/complementary options in conjunction with modern medical care. He will discuss these options with you during your visit if requested. We provide Acupuncture treatment options for your pet.
We offer a full surgical service to support the needs of your pets. Please visit this section for details.
X-RAY / Ultrasound Services
We offer a full line of diagnostic radiographic/X-rays services for the care of your pets. Please visit this section for details. Cardiac (echocardiogram) and abdominal Ultrasounds performed on-site.
We provide full drop-off services for your convenience. Please visit this section for details.
We will work with the experienced trainers next door at Brian’s Kennels next door to help you in the training of your pets.
Boarding and Grooming
We can offer a full line of Boarding and Grooming at Brian’s Kennels next door to help you with any boarding or grooming needs.